Summer Has Arrived
I am so excited that the summer has officially arrived. I am originally from Chandler Arizona so I do not think it is summer until it is over 100 degrees and St. George got there this weekend. I was thrilled, I love that cooking feeling its like being hugged by the sun and I just want to hug it back.
This week has been a pretty normal week at our home (Which is nice for a change). Spencer has decided to be ambitious and start the HCG diet with his mom. I know I know, it can be a bit dangerous but his over all health is worth it. Plus I don't mind going on a diet too, however I am doing a modified version because I cannot get away with just eating 500 calories. Other than that I worked my three days at the Hospital and Spencer worked his normal schedule from 4am to 1pm. It was a very relaxing week, just to be at home. Spencer thinks I'm a hermit, but I cannot help just loving the quite, peaceful environment of our home.
Spencer has decided to leave his second job at the hospital. He was working Friday and Saturday nights working as a phone operator. He was going to leave that job anyway when we moved to Oklahoma but now we can enjoy our last month in St. George and with his family.
It was so fun to see Trevor and Heather as well as the glorious baby bump this weekend. We were going to have a "Coons Family Reunion" this weekend but with the surprise passing of Grandma Coons we sorta did that already. But it was great to spend some time with the family and enjoy the Sun. After Spencer was done working on Friday and it was going to over 100 we decided it was a good day to go swimming. I got us some cheap floatties just to relax and enjoy the sun. Oh it was wonderful, I just loved it!!! Unfortunately later that evening I discovered that Spencer did not get my sunscreen even on my legs (he contends that he did a thorough job and I just stayed into the sun to long) and it looked like I had a rash but it burned like a sunburn. Then on Saturday we went out to lunch with the Family at a Japanese place (Don't worry Spencer, Kim, and I did not eat!). Then we played around at Costco and then to Spencer favorite place on earth...Best Buy. Trevor and Heather were in the market for new laptops and Spencer is a bit of a geek and guided them through the chaos. Then we went swimming again, but with everybody. We were all just floating and relaxing having a good time but it was very hot. Chris went back to the house to get a large umbrella and we all put our heads together and held the large umbrella and we all got shade except our legs. By the end of the day my legs were burned.. but just the tops, rather silly looking. But I could never begrudge the sun for giving me its love rays ;). We also learned that aloe vera works well but burn gel (like for fire burns) works much better for sunburns.
It has been a wonderful week full of Family, Fun, and Relaxation. I have been so blessed in my life and I am going to enjoy my last month in St. George to the extreme!
This week has been a pretty normal week at our home (Which is nice for a change). Spencer has decided to be ambitious and start the HCG diet with his mom. I know I know, it can be a bit dangerous but his over all health is worth it. Plus I don't mind going on a diet too, however I am doing a modified version because I cannot get away with just eating 500 calories. Other than that I worked my three days at the Hospital and Spencer worked his normal schedule from 4am to 1pm. It was a very relaxing week, just to be at home. Spencer thinks I'm a hermit, but I cannot help just loving the quite, peaceful environment of our home.
Spencer has decided to leave his second job at the hospital. He was working Friday and Saturday nights working as a phone operator. He was going to leave that job anyway when we moved to Oklahoma but now we can enjoy our last month in St. George and with his family.
It was so fun to see Trevor and Heather as well as the glorious baby bump this weekend. We were going to have a "Coons Family Reunion" this weekend but with the surprise passing of Grandma Coons we sorta did that already. But it was great to spend some time with the family and enjoy the Sun. After Spencer was done working on Friday and it was going to over 100 we decided it was a good day to go swimming. I got us some cheap floatties just to relax and enjoy the sun. Oh it was wonderful, I just loved it!!! Unfortunately later that evening I discovered that Spencer did not get my sunscreen even on my legs (he contends that he did a thorough job and I just stayed into the sun to long) and it looked like I had a rash but it burned like a sunburn. Then on Saturday we went out to lunch with the Family at a Japanese place (Don't worry Spencer, Kim, and I did not eat!). Then we played around at Costco and then to Spencer favorite place on earth...Best Buy. Trevor and Heather were in the market for new laptops and Spencer is a bit of a geek and guided them through the chaos. Then we went swimming again, but with everybody. We were all just floating and relaxing having a good time but it was very hot. Chris went back to the house to get a large umbrella and we all put our heads together and held the large umbrella and we all got shade except our legs. By the end of the day my legs were burned.. but just the tops, rather silly looking. But I could never begrudge the sun for giving me its love rays ;). We also learned that aloe vera works well but burn gel (like for fire burns) works much better for sunburns.
It has been a wonderful week full of Family, Fun, and Relaxation. I have been so blessed in my life and I am going to enjoy my last month in St. George to the extreme!


Comments
Post a Comment