Work, Work, Work, and a Suprise!
The past week was the week of DOOM! Spencer had to go to his Law School orientation which started on Sunday. This is how we know we are not in Mormondom any more. Spencer said they had piles and piles of booze. That would not happen at BYU!!! Of course they do not normally have alcoholic beverages, Sunday was more of a welcoming party and what better way to party than with booze! Overall he really enjoyed orientation, one of the best activities was going to a Court House and watching a plea dealing with a Meth Dealer (one down, eleventybillion to go). Spencer has been driving his Scooter to school which has worked out well enough. However the day he had to go to Court in his Suit was the day it rained Cats and Dogs! I'm thinking we will need a second car soon but we will see how long we can last!
Spencer off to his first day of Law School
I also started my work orientation on Monday. Oh my goodness it was so long and boring. Although, I was getting payed to sit and learn how to wash my hands. My orientation only lasted till Wednesday and they I started working on my unit. I work in the Outpatient Surgery area. It is very busy but not as backbreaking as my last job! I have only been there for two days but I think I am really going to enjoy working there.
Now for an update on the War!! The battle for the kitchen is still in progress. We have taken out the larger and more disgusting cockroaches, however, we are still seeing their little offspring trying to "settle in". I assure you that I will not let this happen, they are persistent but we are strong, we will prevail!!!
Now for a little surprise!!! On Friday I was getting excited for the weekend but I would get lonely because we do not know anybody to play with. We have been contemplating getting a pet for a while so once I got home from work I told Spencer I would be willing to get a Dog. Of course he jumped at the chance and started looking for dogs on the Internet. We found a craigslist posting for a really cute Dachshund and we texted them. They told us we could meet them in a Walgreen's parking lot and off we went. They drove up, tossed us the dog, and drove off. It was a little weird but we have really enjoyed Rusty Jr. ever since!
Spencer was so excited to go pick him up he could hardly wait, he made me drive so he could hold the puppy. Once we got Rusty we headed straight for Petsmart to get all of our supplies. Then we were on our way home with our new little dog! First thing to do was give that dog a bath because Rusty was very dirty and stinky!!! Unfortunately he did not like the bath I do not know if he ever had one before. The rest of the day we stayed home and let Rusty get acquainted with our Apartment.
Spencer has loved having a new puppy around. The first night Spencer was just running around taking the puppy everywhere with him, not giving Rusty a chance to breath! We were a little worried about potty training but it seems that he is already trained. He loves to look out the window at all the other dogs going for walks. Rusty has discovered that they best place in the house is on Spencer in the recliner. Spencer loves to have him there while he does his homework and Rusty loves to sleep in his lap!
We have been very lucky for getting such a great dog randomly off Craigslist! He is very submissive and quite, he does not lick or jump up on you. On Saturday we took him to the vet to get him check out. We were a little worried about his previous care because of how dirty he was. There are some scars and marks in his fur and he has some nodules in his neck. We have him on some antibiotics as well as some flee and heart worm med's. It seems he has already perked up and is ready to play! We are really happy to have Rusty in our home!




How Fun! Spencer looks so happy with Rusty Jr! I'm glad things are going well for you, but we miss you guys! We are going to have to come visit sometime.
ReplyDelete