The Aftermath
It has been a while since we last blogged. We have been so lucky to have Kim come and spend a long week with us. Spencer has been through so much and he definitely has needed the extra support.
Spencer, Wienz and Kim
It was strange for me going back to work and having to work the WHOLE week! I was sick all last weekend so I only worked 3 days and the week before I only worked 4 days. Fortunately it seems the surgery load has slowed down a bit so I am not going to go crazy. Spencer has been working his morning shifts with Parentlink and school hasn't started yet, thankfully.
Update on the Health Front: Spencer’s clot "Dennis" is putting up a good fight and causing us some troubles. Some of Dennis did move up to his lungs causing extra fluid, pain, and shortness of breath. Luckily Kim gave us her old CPAP machine which has really helped Spencer get a deeper sleep while exercising his lungs. We are having a hard time getting Spencer’s PT levels up high enough to stop taking Lovenox shots; his poor tummy is covered in bruises. Since this is Spencer second Clot, he will now be on Coumadin most likely the rest of his life…yeah! The plus side is Spencer is always cold while on these pills and now we can get along with the Temperature in the house. But for now Spencer goes in for lab work every couple of days and adjusts his medications as needed. Now we will wait and see what is in store for us.
A while ago I learned that I could not “Plan” our lives because we never knew what was around the corner. It does seem that our lives hold many curves of disappointments and frustrations. And it can seem that we are drowning when crash after crash comes down on us, and just when we think we can catch our breath down in comes again.
This past year I made the realization that, for lack of a better word, ‘the drama’ would never end. It seems that just when we accomplish one task two more are thrust upon us. I know we have so many blessing in our lives and we are truly happy, it’s just hard to remember them in the midst of it all. So we put in place a new goal in our lives (thanks mom). At the beginning of the day we think of what we want positively out of the day and what we could do to make it happen. At the end of the day we think of how the Lord has blessed us that day.
Now that I am going back to School as well as working full time and Spencer is consumed by Law School, we need to make sure that we are ready for the waves to crash. To be completely honest we are not good scriptures readers as well a family prayer. I know perfectly well how easy my life was when I read my scriptures and prayed daily, I wanted for nothing (and I mean it, I had and got all I wanted as long as it was a righteous desire). I also know that I will not be able to finish school without His help, I just can’t. I feel so dragged down by life and I can make excuses like having to work full time and Spencer illnesses but with the Lords aide I know I can do all things. This goes for Spencer as well, especially during law school we need all the help we can get. It feels so good to be proactive and trying our best in every aspect of our lives.
And those are our two major goals for this year with many to come. To bring Christ into our daily lives, and work out the "Devil" by exercising our bodies. We will see how the exercising goes but I am looking forward to it! This year can hold as much promise as we put into it and I hope it is a pivotal point for us.
That is one of Wienz's toys with all its fluff pulled out. Wienz does that to all his toys especially if there is a squeaker, he is so proud of himself once he gets the squeaker!


Comments
Post a Comment