Snow Day
The Storm had been brewing all Monday night and decided to drop some snow on us in the early hours on tuesday morning. This is what it looked like when I left for work at 5:30am. It was pretty manageable but it still took me a while to get to work, 20min (normal drive time 6 min.).
"The Storm" continued to pour out its love until the afternoon and we were left with 12 to 18 inches of snow. Of course in the middle of all this Wienz needs to do some business outside. He did not like what he found, anything that comes from the sky he dislike very much, very very much!
When it was all said and done nobody in our complex was going anywhere anytime fast!
I left work around 2:30 in the afternoon, it had stopped snowing a bit but the winds were kicking up the snow. The roads might have been plowed but you could not tell because of all the drifts. I passed quite a few abandoned cars on the side of the road. I even passed an ambulance with its lights on that could not go very fast! But I am quite proud of myself, I made it up two hills and on the larger one it was touch and go for a while but I made it! But the fun all ended at the front of our complex, the plows had pushed too much snow at the entrance and I was stuck half way on the road.
I was on the phone with Spencer and told him to come on down I was going to need a push! A suburban passed by and offered to give us a shove on in. They tried and tried but we did not get very far and we ended up with a hole in our bumper, but when its a war against the Snow you have to expect a few casualties!
Once the Suburban gave up a man on a Four-Wheeler gave us some help and along with another large man we got the car going again, unfortunately we only got into the front of the parking lot!
Once the Suburban gave up a man on a Four-Wheeler gave us some help and along with another large man we got the car going again, unfortunately we only got into the front of the parking lot!
It took a while to convince Spencer to abandon the car. He felt bad that it was blocking the road but there was nothing we could do! We went back later in the evening and cars had made a trail around it so we left it their for the night. The next morning everybody was trying to shovel their way out and with the help of a lot of large men we got the car pushed back into a parking spot. And there it will stay until the snow melts!
That night (when it came to Wienz's buisness) I thought I would get a bit creative. He does not like getting the snow between his paws, so I put little plastic baggies over his feet and secured them with hairties. It seemed to work pretty well but Wienz forgets how to use his feet when something is on them. But for my enjoyment it was priceless!
When I left work they had decided to cancel all surgies for the next day, thus making Wednesday my first offical Snow Day. I was so excited about my Snow Day I wanted to make the best of it and didn't know what to do first!
Late in the night the balcony above decided to crash land, luckily it did not hit our grill!
We took Wienz out in the snow and made him run around everywhere, he was pretty cold and shaky when we brought him in. We wrapped him up in his favorite blanket and there he stayed for a while. (he really does love being wrapped up like this).
I was determined to make a snowman that day but the snow was too soft and fluffy. Instead I jumped in and made a snowangel.
Me and my Wienz enjoying our walk! We were heading down to check on the car plus the road was the only place Wienz would walk because there was already a trail made.
I just love pictures of Spencer walking this tiny little dog.
We had such a fun day playing in the snow, we were one happy family!
We must have had too much fun because Wienz did not want to wake up the next morning. I love when he is all sleepy because he is so cuddly!
Here are some pics of us taking walks around the complex. Enough people are walking around that some trails have been made, but the snow is taller than wienz!
The fountain at the front had some snow build up!
Wienz did dive through the snow to get at the ducks, but when it came time to come back he did not want to touch the snow. I ended up going to picking him up and at this point he was pretty cold. We shoved Wienz in Spencers' jacket to keep warm!
To say the least it has been an interesting few days. I was unable to go to work on Thursday because I had no ride, we will see how Friday goes. Spencer and I are getting a bit of Cabin Fever but the weather is supposed to warm up on Saturday, hopefully we can break free by then!!









It looks like you have been enjoying your snow. Thanks for posting the fun pictures.
ReplyDelete