Land Shark

Have you ever heard of a Land Shark, well let me tell you about them.  They may come in small packages but don't let that deceive you. They are full of love and energy but that is the problem.  You almost never see them coming until it is too late.  They have a mouth full of teeth and they are not afraid to use them.  They are garbage disposals, nothing is too good for their tummies.  Did I tell you we have our very own Land Shark.... his name is MAX!

Max has always been "all dog" since the day we got him, at times he gives the appearance of improvement.  But then all of a sudden there is a mass of red fur, teeth, and tongue all around you.  Max is all about the mouth, he must touch, taste, lick, and love with his mouth.  If Max gets frustrated with you he will start to nibble on you as if you where a piece of corn.  He loves to have your whole nose inside his mouth (This means he loves you!).  He can sniff with a vengeance and MUST lick your face whether you like it or not.

The other day I was sitting eating some dinner on the couch with two little wienies below me.  One sat calmly knowing his turn would come, the other whining incessantly because he could not wait.  But the food was too hot and would Max understand that NO... I kept telling him but Max did not want to wait.  So I burned my mouth eating too fast defending it from him, the only solution, have an otter pop to cool it down.  Needless to say, Max got a hold of the Otter Pop wrapper and ate half of the plastic before I could stop him.  Then Spencer came home, got one piece of toilet paper and gave it to Max stating "It is his favorite treat", which is true he loves to chew up toilet paper rolls.  I told him not to give it to Max, he would just eat it, Spencer laughed and said no he wouldn't... guess what happened, one gulp and down it went.  Later that evening Max made it onto my dresser and before I could stop him, down went an alcohol swab. (Yes I woke up to a dry heaving dog about 3am)

Max is a Land Shark.  He is anywhere and everywhere at once, chewing, ripping, and eating anything he thinks is tasty.  And yes we still LOVE him!!

Comments

Popular Posts