Spring Break and Birthday

First of all Happy Birthday SPENCER!! He turned a whopping 29 today and we did...nothing, poor guy!! I got him a ceiling fan for the bedroom and he got himself a new video game ( I know we are just CaRAzEY!!). Between the fact that conference was on and we have only 3 weeks until finals there was not much time in the day for celebrating. We originally planed to have dinner Friday night but I worked an unexpected 12 hour shift on 3 hours of sleep on my 5th day of work.... so yeah we are lucky I was able to drive home from work and not die in a crash. We did have another couple over in between conference for a BBQ and they made him some yummy birthday brownies. Then we watched the second session of conference. Except we had a few Internet hick-ups so we gave up and listened to it on the Internet radio. As always it was great to listen and learn from these wonderful men. We laughed that most topics were on enduring or men picking up their act.
This week has been the longest and quickest week EVER! I guess it just seems that way because last week was our spring break. I took Thursday and Friday off of work and then managed to get Wednesday off as well, woot woot!! Spencer's parents came into town Wednesday afternoon and stayed until Sunday evening. We had such a blast and wished they could stay forever!! We went out to eat, chatted, relaxed, and drove around Tulsa. We even learned a bit of Oklahoma's history from Wikipedia. It was hard to see them go but I think the dogs felt it most keenly. This past week they have been suffering from Grandparent withdrawal. They just started eating dog food yesterday because they were used to the fine dinning that was Chris's plate. He also took them for long walks around the neighborhood, the best they get out of us is some extra fetch time in the backyard. So we have been dealing with some very energetic and hungry dachshunds this week.

I wish spring break would never end! Neither Spencer and I were ready to go back to school this week. It felt like I had all the time in the world to do what ever I wanted....it was nice, not true, but still very nice. Spencer had some trouble with the MBA program because they are changing it around. He realized if he dropped the MBA program he could graduate this December. Don't worry he is not going to but it was fun to think about being done in just a few short months. However, to avoid the 2 year MBA program Spencer has to graduate with his MBA by August 2013 and so he will and with his JD as well. So that is the new plan, to graduate a year from this august. We can see the finish line!!! He has been going to school full time (Fall, Spring, and Summer) since he started and it looks like this summer is no exception. Poor guy, he works so hard and I am just so proud of him!

A couple of weeks ago I watched a movie in class called Forks over Knifes...AMAZING. Totally changed how I look at food. I have changed my diet this past week to a Nutrition Rich diet and I have lost 4 pounds and that's without exercise. This diet is not "Coons" approved so it is going to take some time for Spencer to come around. However I do all the grocery shopping which makes Spencer feel like I am slowly starving him to death;) But we are very happy, very wealthy in life, and working on the getting wise....now if we could figure out how to end Allergy Season early life would just be perfect!!

Comments

Popular Posts