Yard Work 101
It was time... the weeds had over come the yard and the garbage piled too high!! FYI it is not my garbage, it blows in from the surrounding yards and gets stuck in my fence..oh what high society we live in! We broke down and got our first lawn mower, the finest walmart has to offer. We woke up Saturday morning at the crack of 8:30, I went for a jog while Spencer put the lawnmower together. When I got back he was still putting it together so with a little wife "help" we got the mower a working!! It has been a while since both of us have mowed a lawn making it a bit of a novelty. We ended up taking turns pushing it across the yard, sad what gives us a thrill these days;). I got a few cheap flower boxes I put on the railing of the front porch with some cute flowers with a little potting soil and our front porch is magnifique.
Little did I know a few hours later I was down with itchy eyes, runny noise, and cursing the green green weeds/grass I just cut. I took a allergy pill but it only made me tired. So the day was not as productive as it first promised. However, the yard looks ten times better than when we moved in, still not the best but as good as we need it to get.
Spencer and I officially started spring break this week. With this new found freedom I feel like I can do a million projects at once!! Makes me wonder why I am even in school to begin with. The biggest project (after "The Yard") was the garage. We moved into the house and just threw a bunch of stuff in there. So we attacked and with great success!! Luckily there is a scary attic space above the house we could put a bunch of junk. (Spencer is convinced that some hobo is going to live in the attic and someday pop through the ceiling). Now the garage is partially organized and livable. On with the next project, I am trying out refinishing furniture... we will see how it goes!!
We had the best weekend sitting in the backyard with our newly cut weeds/grass throwing a Frisbee across the yard. It has been the BEST weather here, floating in the 70 -80's with not too much wind. Of course now as I write this there is a ridiculously large Storm threatening the life of my porch flowers!! But life couldn't be better in our perfect little house.
Little did I know a few hours later I was down with itchy eyes, runny noise, and cursing the green green weeds/grass I just cut. I took a allergy pill but it only made me tired. So the day was not as productive as it first promised. However, the yard looks ten times better than when we moved in, still not the best but as good as we need it to get.
Spencer and I officially started spring break this week. With this new found freedom I feel like I can do a million projects at once!! Makes me wonder why I am even in school to begin with. The biggest project (after "The Yard") was the garage. We moved into the house and just threw a bunch of stuff in there. So we attacked and with great success!! Luckily there is a scary attic space above the house we could put a bunch of junk. (Spencer is convinced that some hobo is going to live in the attic and someday pop through the ceiling). Now the garage is partially organized and livable. On with the next project, I am trying out refinishing furniture... we will see how it goes!!
We had the best weekend sitting in the backyard with our newly cut weeds/grass throwing a Frisbee across the yard. It has been the BEST weather here, floating in the 70 -80's with not too much wind. Of course now as I write this there is a ridiculously large Storm threatening the life of my porch flowers!! But life couldn't be better in our perfect little house.


Comments
Post a Comment