My New Love

  For the first four years of marriage I managed to drag our laundry to a laundry mat by driving, or climbing up and down 3 flights of stairs, or walking down the street and across the grass knoll.  So you can imagine why I was so excited when we moved to an apartment with a Washer and Dryer (it even brought me joy during the great flood).  I was even more excited when we saw that our current digs had a washer and dryer (most houses we looked at did not).  However, the deal with this house was that the landlord had nothing to do with washer and dryer, if they broke we had to deal with it.... so we have.
 
I am way too excited about my new washing machine... must mean I'm an adult or something.  We went to an outlet Maytag center and their prices were a LOT better.  There happened to be this one machine that was marked down to 650ish at the outlet store.  But the worker told us that they do price matching and Lowe's was selling it for 400 (a stinking steal).  So we went over to Lowe's, found the machine, asked their employee the price (399), we called the Maytag store, and went back to get our machine.  The Maytag store does free delivery, their warranty was a lot cheaper, and the man was nice enough to tell us about the deal.  So all in all we got our wonderful machine for 450.  That's amazing when you consider that was half of the value of the original price.  She is not super fancy but worth the price and of course... gets the job done!!
 
 
My favorite aspect about the machine is that she is a top loader (I dislike front loaders), but she doesn't have an agitator.  So our clothes won't be damaged as much, I can fit more in, and it will be easier to wash sheets and blankets.  Plus it has the fancy "sensing" to save water and is a high efficiency machine.  It was fun buying my first washing machine, now I can take with me any where I go... no more laundry mats for me (hopefully)!!!!

Spencer was a dear and moved the old washer to the driveway so it was ready to be picked up by the delivery truck.  Well, while he was away from the house for two hours it disappeared...creepy.  I want to put random objects on our driveway just to see what will happened to them. (Lets hope the cars are not included in this).  Spencer wasn't home when the washer got here... so I used to dolly and pushed it around the house, through the very bumpy backyard, and somehow got it up the back steps into the laundry room... I was very proud of myself.  By the time Spencer got home it was out of the box and ready to be hooked up.

Now I can start on my ten billion loads of laundry... yaaay!!!

Comments

Popular Posts