FREEDOM

I have achieved freedom...FREEDOM!!  Well at least for the next two weeks but they are going to be a GREAT two weeks!

Now to sum up the last month...

Spencers 30th B-day!!
His birthday landed on a Sunday and it happened to be Easter Sunday as well!  The day before I took him to a "chop chop" house (a Japanese Steak House) to celebrate.  Then on Sunday we had a few friends over to celebrate Easter and his birthday.  We even made him his own special birthday cake, Asphalt Pie (Wingers style).  We had a fun evening just chatting and catching up especially since we have been a little antisocial all semester (or try all 3 years of law school).  I had some high aspirations for Spencers 30th birthday but they all came to  nothing.  I was just too busy to get anything done.  I decided that we are just going to have to celebrate 10X harder for his graduation!

This was the only picture taken on his birthday (thanks Betina!!!) at least someone was on top of things!!
Katies 26th Birthday!!
Yup I am officially old.  That morning I had to take a test and then was planning on jumping into studying for my final that Friday.  However I took the day off and spent it with my man!  He was home studying for his own finals.  So he took the afternoon off as well and took me out to Olive Garden (thanks Kim for the gift card).  Then we relaxed at the house.  I wasn't feeling the stress of my impending doom (final) yet so it was a great day!!  Plus it was stink'n HOT (reminding me of AZ and yes I had to turn the AC on)!!

My attempt at being better at taking pictures on special days
Law Prom
Spencers school throws a Prom like event (Barristers' Ball) at the end of each school year.  We attempted to go our first year but I got sick but we made it this year!  Spencer was up for an award but he didn't win, we heard that it was close though, bummer!  It was called the Chandler Award, the most inspirational student.  Spencers friend was his campaigner because he thought it was amazing that Spencer was able to get through law school without turning to drugs or alcohol!


Spencer is in the middle of studying for his last set of finals as I write this!!  He has already taken some in the last few weeks and just has one more week to go.  We are so excited for him to be done...forever.  He will start to study for the Bar exam in a few weeks but until then we are going to party it up!

I finished my first semester of nursing school..booya!!  Took my last test yesterday and then spent the rest of the day celebrating.  Went shopping, got my hair cut (more of a need to than a want to, now its too short!!), found a dress for Spencers graduation, and then spent the day really relaxing with no school pressure on my shoulders!

We are so excited for the summer.  However I believe that the summer is going to go by WAY to fast so I am determined to enjoy every moment of it.  Of course it is now 50 degrees outside ... yikes it went from 90 degrees to 40 in one day, what a way to start the summer!
But that is Oklahoma weather for you!

Comments

Popular Posts