Sunny Rays
Once all the yucky storms finished sweeping across Oklahoma some wonderful weather followed after. Spencer and I decided to take a moment and enjoy it.
What better way than to enjoy these sunny days than to go swimming. One of my co-workers offered up her community pool and I was quick to jump on the chance. As soon as Spencer was home from work we raced over to my friends house, but by the time we got there they decided that the pool was too cold. It took some time but I adjusted to the pool temp and took a little dip...it was wonderful. I relaxed in the pool and chatted with my man while he sat on the sidelines.
After our quick swim we picked up some dinner and headed to the park. The first Friday during the summer months La Fortune park hosts a free concert. Each concert has a different theme or time period. Our particular concert was 60-70's era music. It was a great afternoon, the sun was warm but we were nice and cool in the shade.
![]() |
| Sam, me, and Cherry....some of us crazy OPAD'ers |
![]() |
| Spencer and I playing the slap game... we learned that I am very bad at this game...VERY bad |
The next morning we got up bright and early. We drove 30 minutes to the outside of town to a berry farm with some friends. Yes, I managed to get Spencer to go berry picking, miracles do happen! I was pleasantly surprised that some Raspberries were ready. Needless to say I pounced on those rows and made off with a great haul!
![]() |
| There is a Oklahoma mountain for you...hehehe just kidding! However, I was a beautiful morning!! |
![]() |
| It felt very Oklahoman out in the middle of no where. I really enjoyed it, we are going to have to get out of the dingy city more often!! |

Spencer managed to find some blackberries and thought there were raspberries (in their unripened state they sort of look like raspberries). You can imagine how that tasted, silly Spencer. We also had to work on his ability to pick the raspberry without taking the whole plant with it. But don't worry, Spencer's berry picking skills showed some great improvement by the end of the trip.
![]() |
| Here is a little game of eye spy for you... can you see the unripe blackberry with all the raspberries?? Spencer picked more than I thought...I kept finding more every time I went to eat them!! |
The farm only charged $3 a pound, we had somewhere around 5 dollars of fruit. Spencer also tipped them an extra dollar for all the berries he ate along the way. The berry owners laughed at him and said that they expected us to eat them as we went. I have also decided that I want to be a berry farmer, I have a deep love for berries. Also I think the dogs would have a great time chasing the rabbits and critters away from the plants. Ahh to dream....
Now on this fine morning of berry picking I received a phone call from my mom. She called to tell me that I had become an aunt. My older sister, Bryn, had twin baby boys and I cannot wait to hold them!!
Now on this fine morning of berry picking I received a phone call from my mom. She called to tell me that I had become an aunt. My older sister, Bryn, had twin baby boys and I cannot wait to hold them!!
| Easton is baby A, Riley is baby B |
My sister, these cuties, and their daddy are doing well and will soon to be on their way to Arizona. I am super jealous that they are moving back home! I am excited and cannot wait to be in Arizona with them.












Comments
Post a Comment