April Days
4.16.20
Spencer is rocking Nora to sleep tonight. That is a hugely rare activity. She is a mamas girl through and through –
which I don’t mind. She was recently
really sick with some respiratory virus (I think RSV but they wouldn’t test her
due to COVID resources) and she reverted a bit in her night time routine. Before that she was play games to push bedtime
later. She would come and sit with me to
rock, then say her baba was too hot or too cold. Yell DADAAA, then walk to the kitchen with
spencer to fix the baba (after shutting the door on me saying “Be Back, Be Back”). She would do this 2 or 3 times and then we
just stuck her in bed.
She cuddles
in and I sing her all the songs I can think of.
Sometimes she falls asleep, depending on the nap situation of the day,
and sometimes she is happy to just rock then lay in her crib.
Tonight she was laying in my bed, we were waiting for dada
to get her Rudolph and clary (Clarice) dolls, and she looked over at me and
said “I love you” and I said “I love you too” and she said “I love you so much”. It was so adorable. She has been saying it more and more but this
was the first time she said it unprovoked.
I think I will keep her.
4.21.20
I have put Nora in front of the TV – that slows her
down! She is a non-stop two-year-old who
is fascinated with scissor right now. Luckily,
I found some random child scissors in the house. We sat down and learned how to cut-I really
hope that doesn’t come back to bite me.
I had to work this past weekend. Its always makes for a very long week before
but more so afterward. I have spent the day
just digging out of the buildup of life. While I am working I am glad Spencer could be home with her and get some daddy/daughter
time in.
As we zoom around the neighbor hood she will
yell out “Ahhhh, a car!” (a parked car) and I drive towards in and at the ‘last
moment’ dodge out of the way, to which Nora says “phew, we made it”. Some plants over hang the side walks and I
yell “Ahhh, don’t hit the flowers (or tree)!” and Nora starts yelling with
me. Once we have passed, she turns her
head and yells back at Spencer “Don’t hit the flowers (or tree)!” over and over
until he responds. If he is riding in
the street, she will yell at him and point dramatically with her little finger
from the street back to the side walk.
We are not supposed to be in the street!
Nora was resting in my lap and max was laying with his head on my lap as well. Nora looked over at him, brightened up and said 'Oh so cute!'. I must tell her she is cute all the time because when I ask her she says "Yes, Nora is cute cute cute" and then I die because she is!






Comments
Post a Comment